Mandela Effect Cause of Scene Creep?

Announcements & General Discussion
slainplus

Mandela Effect Cause of Scene Creep?

Post by slainplus »

I just saw a video on Youtube about the latest Mandela Effect namely the extreme forward position of jet engines. This phenomenon is even noticable in old WW II era bombers which all now seem to have their engines mounted much more forward on the wings than I remember them being.

This got me to thinking about the mystery of 'scene creep' where movie/ty scenes seem sometimes wildly different from what I remember them being. Case in point the uniform stealing scene from the moive Terror From The Year 5000. I remember being hugely disappointed when I finally got a chance to watch this again, and how vastly different it was from what I remembered. I chalked this to scene creep, but now I'm starting to wonder if the scene I saw on the TV back in the late 1960's is actually happened in the way I remembered it.

A more recent example is about a scene I read a posting somewhere that discriped a certain scene on 18 Wheels of Justice, episode titled Caged that said there was a clothes stealing scene where a barmaid got tied up and villainess mentioning that she wanted the barmaid's outfit. I recently saw part-2 of Caged, and there's a brief scene in a bar, and yes there's a cute barmaid who seems to a regular on that show, and yes a woman gets knocked out by a villain in a beach house, But the plot is so disjointed none of the action makes any scene. I guess I might have gotten bum steer with regards to 18 Wheels of Justice; Caged, but who knows for sure.
esercito sconfitto

Re: Mandela Effect Cause of Scene Creep?

Post by esercito sconfitto »

sometimes I experience the same thing

in my mind memories of some USB scenes are in tiny pieces, only some bits, and I neither dare to ask members to help me in locating the clip nor I want to post a topic at the 'Scene database' section

just for example
there is a scene that MAYBE is from an episode of 'Nash Bridges', maybe not; I believe to recall there was Tamara Van something ( evil vilainess and former wife of Nash Bridges) seducing a woman and Killing her to get the latter's ID . Maybe it is from the episode titled 'something borrowed' ...and maybe not. It's like the Schrodinger cat in the box :shock: ...there is the possibility that the scene is from another tv series ( I remember Walker the Texas Ranger with a similar character, but memories are even more confused) :oops:

( and sometimes memories are too weak; I remember an episode of Hawaii-five 0 with a girl replaced by her twin - as part of a bigger, political plot; the scene has bees presented at the expired USB board... but everything fades away... )
slainplus

Post by slainplus »

I remember watching Nash Bridges when it was still on the air I don't rcall any clothes stealing scene in that show.

As far as Hawaii Five Oh are refering to the orginal show with Jack Lord or the new show that's still on t he air?"
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

this is one of the strangest events...

Slain, in the very moment I posted the reply above I realised which episode of Hawaii Five O I was looking for

this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYtVeqyA_M

about Nash Bridge-it wasn't a proper clothes stealing scene ; the two women were at bed; Tamara Van Zant and the other woman are in their scanties
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

I had a similar situation with the Buck Rogers episode Planet of the Amazon Women that is posted about elsewhere on the Board.

In the show, Erin Gray's character, Colonel Wilma Deering, infiltrates the base dressed as a female guard. She makes reference to having to "borrow" a uniform.

What was strange was I had a very distinct memory of a scene where a guard was walking along and Wilma slipped out of a narrow passageway, covered the guard's mouth and then dragged her into the shadows.

However, when I watched the show when the Sci-Fi channel ran it years ago, got the DVD and then watched various versions online such a scene was not there in any of the versions I watched. I chalked it up to my memory had created a scene that did not exist.

However, what was even stranger was that on the old version of this Board someone mentioned remembering basically the same scene in the show.

Now it is possible the original broadcast had the scene but for what ever reason it was lost. However, I think it is more likely the memory just filed in a blank given there was no showing of the uniform steal. However, it is strange that at least two of us remember the scene.
Last edited by meditions142 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
slainplus

Post by slainplus »

I think missing part of scenes we remember seeing, and them not being there now is probably a result of censorship. I remember one case of censorship on an episode of the tv show The Night Stalker dealing with poltergeist spirit of a pyromaniac burning people up for revenge. The evil spirit was killing off orchestra musicians for some reason, and such musician was a gorgeously built woman sunbathing at pool somewhere. A flash fire engulfs the female musician, and for brief moment there's a shot of her lying on a lounge chair completely nude with her bikini burned off. When I saw this same episode again on the summer reruns the scene with the musician naked, scorched body had been cut out.

I think some people must've complained about this scene for the full-frontal nudity it showed, so network had them edited it out. Now, there was only a few months gap between me seeing the scene with full-frontal, and then not seeing full-frontal in the rerun of that episode, so I doubt it was case of the Mandela Effect. The uniform stealing scene from Terror From the Year 5000 though is whole different kettle of fish, and I liked to replica the scene as I remember it.

Return to “General Discussion”