Where do we go from here ?

Announcements & General Discussion
slainplus

Re: Where do we go from here ?

Post by slainplus »

I've been away from making artwork for financial reasons (as a matter of fact I'm posting right from a public computer in a homeless shelter). Just this last year I gain fair amount of access to the internet, and what I've seen from some artists posting at deviantart has blown me away. Some of the work looks so photo realistic I sometimes think I'm looking at an actual photo shoot with live models, or very skillful photo manipulations. I't only a matter of time (I would guess one or two years) before we're treated to computer generated videos with photo realistic characters made with a system and software that almost anyone can afford. After that will come full length movies that might actually look even better than what can be made with human actors.
soundman

Post by soundman »

slainplus wrote:I've been away from making artwork for financial reasons (as a matter of fact I'm posting right from a public computer in a homeless shelter). Just this last year I gain fair amount of access to the internet, and what I've seen from some artists posting at deviantart has blown me away. Some of the work looks so photo realistic I sometimes think I'm looking at an actual photo shoot with live models, or very skillful photo manipulations. I't only a matter of time (I would guess one or two years) before we're treated to computer generated videos with photo realistic characters made with a system and software that almost anyone can afford. After that will come full length movies that might actually look even better than what can be made with human actors.
In fact, the speed at which software is evolving is amazing, but it's not that hard to make something like a photo. But it's still hard to make a visible video, which requires a lot of expertise and plenty of time. I have tried, but the effect doesn't seem to be ideal, although through YOUTUBE gave me considerable inspiration, production of professional equipment and software requirements, however a good video is still just a dream.
micpop2

Post by micpop2 »

I wanted to play devil's advocate, but it occurred to me that no matter what I write some of people here will just whine.

This is an easy way to another destruction.

If money is getting short maybe it's time to change a business model?

Return to “General Discussion”