( a sudden doubt hit me) ...Will The Storm destroy Us?

Announcements & General Discussion
esercito sconfitto

( a sudden doubt hit me) ...Will The Storm destroy Us?

Post by esercito sconfitto »

#metoo is arriving and our Group and genre seems to be the perfect target

maybe nobody noticed, but Youtube is closing a LOT of accounts; not to mention what happpens at Deviantart
FeMilImpos

Re: ( a sudden doubt hit me) ...Will The Storm destroy Us?

Post by FeMilImpos »

I noticed that to as well. They are what they seek and usually are the biggest offenders. As a woman I'm appalled that a group of Femi Nazi's are attacking free speech. Hopefully our Genre will survive and this so called movement will die out.
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

I agree. Me Too started out as a great idea, but like all great ideas it gets hijacked by those with agendas.

There is one way of making the group safe and encouraging participation and that is to make it private. I would give it very serious consideration right now.

Hope you all enjoyed Labour Day!
micpop2

Post by micpop2 »

what happened at DA?
Daveyjonesagain

Post by Daveyjonesagain »

#metoo is more of a social trend than an actual civil movement... The same people championing the #metoo cause are hollywood celebs and D.C politicians. The same people who caused the #metoo trend are hollywood celebs and D.C. politicians (Weinstein, Spacey, Al Franklin etc) everything else is just damage control on the monster that they created themselves. We should be safe. The storm will pass.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Daveyjonesagain, the Storm will pass, but the main question is about how much damage it will cause to our board in the meanwhile

I got alarmed when I noticed that the ONLY REMAINING ACTIVE youtube channels devoted to our 'genre' have been forcibly closed or 'punished'

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=66

( this channel ERASED all its 'USB' content )

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=65

Micpop, about what happens at Da, they are causing a lot of 'self-censoring' and spreading fear;

Mr. Peakyblinder... making our Group private will provide us of the same protection of an umbrella used as shield during a shooting. Like you pointed out...THEY have an agenda ( not to mention that, given the current level of participation, this solution can cause the Death of the board by 'natural causes')

FMI, you described exactely this deranged movement... they are what they want to accuse
slainplus

Post by slainplus »

You can blame the anti-Trump faction for this situation. They outted some perverts like Winestein so it wouldn't look like they just going after Trump, and now this MeToo movement has turned into a witch hunt.

Return to “General Discussion”