Help needed from US based members

Announcements & General Discussion
redrunner

Help needed from US based members

Post by redrunner »

Hi Everyone,

Together with Johnboy we have been trying to source some new US military costumes for use in DiP and other S-A-Web productions.

We have found a couple of really good uniforms which could be developed, but unfortunately the sellers will only sell domestically to the United States. However, as the sellers have placed this restriction on their items Ebay.com will not allow us (being Ebay.co.uk members) to either contact the sellers or place bids for dispatch to a domestic US address.
This is proving very frustrating (neither of us has any hair left !) and is basically preventing us from acquiring new US type uniforms at a reasonable price. (The Ebay price is roughly half the total cost as shipping items over to the UK is expensive).

In order to either contact the seller or place bids you have to be an Ebay.com member. The question to our US based members is, Can or is anyone prepared to help ?

Best Regards

Redrunner
FeMilImpos

Re: Help needed from US based members

Post by FeMilImpos »

What was the search name on ebay and the seller name?
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

Hi FMI,

I've sent you a PM with the links in. Let me know if it doesn't arrive as it's still showing in my Outbox at the moment !
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

I got the PM. They look good and not to expensive, I don't work this Sunday so I'll look at them a little better.

Cheers FMI
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

Thanks very much FMI.

The aim is to add at least one really great looking new US uniform to the stock for future shoots / plots. The existing pair of US uniforms are good but have had a fair number of airings now and adding a new costume will hopefully allow new plotlines to be developed - and give something for the uniform stealing fans to look forward to seeing.

Best Regards

Redrunner
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

Hi, I was able to get the first one but was out bid on the second one. Here's the one I got http://www.ebay.com/itm/USMC-Dress-Blue ... 2796741387. It will be here on Thursday the 14th of sept.

Cheers FMI
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

That is absolutely terrific news FMI !

In fact that was the lot that we were really interested in acquiring. The link you posted did not work (probably because of being sold) but for everyone else here's a link to the original listing for you all to see. http://www.ebay.com/itm/USMC-Dress-Blue ... 2796741387

Forgive my ignorance but when you say it will arrive, is that in the continental United States ? I will contact John and let him know that you have it (or it's on it's way to you) and then we can sort out detailed stuff with you. Maybe you can act for us on other US stuff that will only sell domestically ?

Very Best Wishes

Redrunner
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

Hi redrunner, Yes it's on the way to me in the U.S. I'll PM you when I get it so I can get an address to where I can send it. That would be fine to look at stuff and acquire them for you.

Cheers, FMI
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

Once again Thank You very much FMI.

I have sent you a PM

Best Regards

Redrunner
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

I received your PM, I'm very excited, You're welcome any time.

Cheers, FMI

Return to “General Discussion”