ALL MEMBER'S PLEASE NOTE THIS

Announcements & General Discussion
redrunner

ALL MEMBER'S PLEASE NOTE THIS

Post by redrunner »

It would appear that twice in the last 24 hrs esercito sconftto has had to post a gentle reminder about members linking to commercial content. In both cases, the material is brand new and belonging to commercial concerns. Please take heed of what he has said, and read the rules of the board.

If you are unsure then I will state that it is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to post links to the entire content of commercial work that has been uploaded to other sites. Links to trailers etc released by studios is acceptable and short excerpts showing content of interest to us.

As ecercito has pointed out, the board is unlikely to close as it is hosted at Johnboy’s server. However, we could be liable to legal action by the copyright holders and they could bring pressure to bare and force Johnboy’s hand from another direction. Basically, if we don’t react then there is a chance that the actions of a few people could put the forum at risk .

With the above in mind, although we are reluctant to restrict what members post, we may have to consider taking action against members who repeatedly ignore requests not to link to commercial work. We don't want to take this course of action, but may have to inorder to protect the forum.

Furthermore, after all that esercito has done for this board, I think it is disrespectful to him to ignore his requests – so please don’t.

Redrunner
esercito sconfitto

Re: ALL MEMBER'S PLEASE NOTE THIS

Post by esercito sconfitto »

many thanks for the support , Redrunner! :)

speaking about this matter, today I have banned the new member (and spammer) totle
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

You are more than welcome. And once again, thank you for all your continued hard work that you put in to make this forum a success.

Redrunner
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

I ALWAYS SUPPORT MY OLD FRIEND.
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

First of all, many thanks to ES for keeping our tiny genre alive. I also echo Redrunner's words and appeal to other members to self-regulate, if at all possible. ES's job should be easy, but it isn't as time after time we somehow manage to find the self-destruct button.

With regards to this and as an extra safeguard, please can we make this group as private as possible? As far as I'm aware, it's all googleable. This invites spammers, infiltrations and more than that, leads to privacy issues.

Just some thoughts. I've been away for quite a while, so I know I've lost the right to a voice.

Regards,

The professor
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

Thank you for your comments Mr Peaky Blinder.

First of all, you along with any member of this board is free to voice their view - in fact comments are most welcome.

Regarding making the board private, there is an argument on either side for keeping it as it is or making it private. If we make the group non-searchable, then we are likely to attract fewer new members to our small genre. I know a lot of members network and find new sites and material so they should be able to track us down, but we may miss potential new members. On the other hand as you say, it makes it harder for spammer and the like also.

John is very experienced at running forums and has provided us with a couple of extra checks that we can run to check out the authenticity of new members making applications to join. This in the main works, but there will always be the risk of one or two creeping through the net. As ES stated he has deleted one such character this week.

As anyone else got a view on this matter ?
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

redrunner wrote:
As anyone else got a view on this matter ?
Sadly, the lack of interaction is something that has plagued all our boards for so long. There have been no further replies from members to this post and none to my invitation to chat about the Korean policewoman scene. Half, if not, all the fun is talking about our genre and scenes that we uncover.

Again, a big thank you to the three of you for keeping things alive. You are appreciated.
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHERE I STAND ON MAKING THE BOARD PRIVATE.
MY GRANDMOM PASSED AWAY OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GIVE IT MUCH THOUGHT.
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

Sadly, the lack of interaction is something that has plagued all our boards for so long. There have been no further replies from members to this post and none to my invitation to chat about the Korean policewoman scene. Half, if not, all the fun is talking about our genre and scenes that we uncover
Unfortunately that is a common thread to all boards and forums. There are prolific posters, regular posters, occasional ones and those who just don't interact. One thing I have noticed over the years is that some who observe eventually do start to interact - and I'm sure they get more out of being a member that way.

I know that lack of feedback can be frustrating especially when you've asked for a viewpoint on a subject. I have worked with John on a number of projects over at his Damsels site and to be fair we used to have a couple of guys who gave really good constructive feedback on what they liked and didn't like in certain sets and how they thought they could be improved. Guess what - the following sets were tailored to show more of what they liked and add the improvements that they'd suggested. I guess the same sort of thing applies to our artists and authors as I'm sure they'd welcome more feedback.

It's basically a fact that if people don't say what they like then they don't get to see it - it's their loss at the end of the day.

Return to “General Discussion”