Video Games with female uniform/clothes stealing

Announcements & General Discussion
FemaleSpy

Re: Video Games with female uniform/clothes stealing

Post by FemaleSpy »

rufusluciusivan wrote:The trailer in question (a huge thank you to Ascetic for finding this new game with potential):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8qyYOZvnKg

The bride impersonated by Kate is shown around 0:50. No blood, so I guess she was probably lucky enough to be only knocked out. The fact that her arms are crossed behind her back makes me think that she's even tied up (which if I remember correctly was a feature that existed in the Commandos series, though not in Shadows Tactics Blades of the Shogun where you could only knock out or kill). If that's the case, then it indeed means that this will be one of the best 'mainstream' videogames to recreate Uniform Stealing scenes out there...
That's very good find, thank you, my friend! )
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

The game is out, so I have a few complementary informations about the game itself and its gameplay. I haven't played it myself (for now at least), but I checked some sites:

Apparently, you're encouraged to not kill civilians when stealing a disguise. (I even think you can't do it without failing the mission, someone may have to correct me on this though.)

Unfortunately, Kate can't tie up knocked out people herself. As shown in the video, you have to use another character for that. (In-universe, I guess it's hard to conceal ropes with a dress. Gameplay-wise, it's because this game wants to be harder than average, so it forces you to have to choose between either allowing the victim to wake up after a while or having to bring another character to truss up the victim for her.)

Finally, I've checked a few walkthroughs and found the mission that was featured in the trailer. It turns out that Kate didn't knock out the bride: she was the bride and stole a maid's outfit to flee the unwanted wedding. Here is a link, the scene starts around 14:55 (also featuring the maid being knocked out).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obis41qaDoE
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
FemaleSpy

Post by FemaleSpy »

rufusluciusivan wrote:The game is out, so I have a few complementary informations about the game itself and its gameplay. I haven't played it myself (for now at least), but I checked some sites:

Apparently, you're encouraged to not kill civilians when stealing a disguise. (I even think you can't do it without failing the mission, someone may have to correct me on this though.)

Unfortunately, Kate can't tie up knocked out people herself. As shown in the video, you have to use another character for that. (In-universe, I guess it's hard to conceal ropes with a dress. Gameplay-wise, it's because this game wants to be harder than average, so it forces you to have to choose between either allowing the victim to wake up after a while or having to bring another character to truss up the victim for her.)

Finally, I've checked a few walkthroughs and found the mission that was featured in the trailer. It turns out that Kate didn't knock out the bride: she was the bride and stole a maid's outfit to flee the unwanted wedding. Here is a link, the scene starts around 14:55 (featuring also the maid being knocked out).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obis41qaDoE
Thank you, good find and game
soundman

Post by soundman »

I've finished the game, and obviously, there are six chapters out of eighteen that have stolen clothes, which is good. But unfortunately in addition to KATE for chapters she has disguised as a maid, the other is disguised as a prostitute, the content of the production team obviously don't want to spend effort on too many clothes, I would say it is a pity thing, we can see a lot of people have beautiful and unique clothes, but you can only steal a particular the man, this was the case.
rufusluciusivan

One third of the missions featuring stolen clothes is indeed a good ratio since the main focus of the game isn't uniform stealing, although the lack of diversity is a little regrettable (especially since I read that there are gunwomen among some of the enemies). Still, as far as mainstream games go, this must be one of the closest to our Board's expectations that we will ever get... Unless they one day program a Hitman game featuring a woman as its main character... Thanks for taking the time to finish it! I kinda like westerns, so I may give it a try out of curiosity. If you have the time, could you give the numbers of the missions featuring clothes stealing? In a few weeks, once the walkthroughs are finished, it could be the occasion to post links to walkthroughs of these missions.
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ascetic

Post by ascetic »

Hitman game with female protagonist would be a dream come true.

Regarding desperados 3, my only gripe with it is that Kate doesnt steal the boots of her targets. In this regard i like Shadow Tactics more because in that game Aiko steals everything from her victims except underwear.
FemaleSpy

Post by FemaleSpy »

ascetic wrote:Hitman game with female protagonist would be a dream come true.

Regarding desperados 3, my only gripe with it is that Kate doesnt steal the boots of her targets. In this regard i like Shadow Tactics more because in that game Aiko steals everything from her victims except underwear.
Yes, this is a dream, but fortunately we have Sound Man's visual novels that are very similar to games and there is always the main female heroine forced to disguise herself for personal goals ... :!:
rufusluciusivan

Quick update about Desperados III, for those interested. The missions in which Kate can steal clothes from a woman are:
- the fourth (Higgins’ Estate)
- the tenth (New Orleans)
- the twelfth (New Orleans' docks)
- the fourteenth (Las Piedras)
- the sixteenth (Devil's Canyon)

Technically, there's also one in the sixth (Eagle Falls), but you don't steal the clothes the woman is wearing; you knock her out to steal a dress from her trunk.

All the missions probably have walkthroughs on YouTube now. Unfortunately, as soundman said, outside of in the first mission featuring a uniform steal, all the other victims share the same character model.
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FemaleSpy

Post by FemaleSpy »

rufusluciusivan wrote:Quick update about Desperados III, for those interested. The missions in which Kate can steal clothes from a woman are:
- the fourth (Higgins’ Estate)
- the tenth (New Orleans)
- the twelfth (New Orleans' docks)
- the fourteenth (Las Piedras)

Technically, there's also one in the sixth (Eagle Falls), but you don't steal the clothes the woman is wearing; you knock her out to steal a dress from her trunk.

All the missions probably have walkthroughs on YouTube now.

One might have slipped my attention, so I'll edit this post just in case.
Thanks, friend, very good information! )
rufusluciusivan

Quick update on Desperados III. A free update/DLC added a few additional missions/challenges. (They are part of the Baron's Challenges for those who have the game.)

One of them, called 'Vanishing Act', features the possibility to steal a uniform for Kate. The victim is once again a courtesan, but at least she has a slightly different design from usual.

There's a second scene in "Bird Hunting". However, little warning for those who dislike it, there is no possibility to use a non-lethal takedown for this one. This is an assassination mission and one of the targets is the woman wearing the clothes that Kate can steal.

There also should be another free update/DLC in August, not counting the paid DLC that will be released later, so hopefully there will be other scenarios (perhaps featuring maids or other civilians, I cross my fingers).
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”