Taking Ideas

RedDumpster

Taking Ideas

Post by RedDumpster »

Hey Y'all, reddumpster here; artist who's done quite a number of "doppelganger bondage" works on Deviantart which kinda falls under the umbrella of this board...which I just found out existed.
Just opening this topic here to take ideas and suggestions for new works, seeing as there ARE a number of fans here of my own stuff and, well, why not give y'all a little something?

Wont tackle EVERYTHING or much immediately, but rest assured I WILL read it and maybe actually draw it
esercito sconfitto

Re: Taking Ideas

Post by esercito sconfitto »

man you are a legend! :D
RedDumpster

Post by RedDumpster »

esercito sconfitto wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:17 am man you are a legend! :D
Aw shucks, I'm flattered I'm considered a "legend"
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Heck yeah you are, you do have quite a fanbase here as many of us do enjoy your work (myself included ;) ).

I'm still thinking of a few suggestions for you, but as soon as I can come up with a few ideas, I'll be sure to post them on here. :D
RedDumpster

Post by RedDumpster »

Trackman281 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:40 pm Heck yeah you are, you do have quite a fanbase here as many of us do enjoy your work (myself included ;) ).

I'm still thinking of a few suggestions for you, but as soon as I can come up with a few ideas, I'll be sure to post them on here. :D
Man, knowing that puts a weird smile on my face hahaha
But yeah, hit me up or post any ideas you DO have. Definintely want to get ideas from another group
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Hello! I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to concur with esercito sconfitto and trackman to welcome you on this board, and to thank you for taking the time to write here.

Ironically, while I'm all in for more doppleganger or uniform stealing scenarios from you, I'd have a hard time proposing a precise one... (There are so many possibilities!)
I remember that there are for some reason a lot of doppleganger-fanarts centered around Fire Emblem characters, so I don't know if this particular game series would inspire you, but it would open the way to a wide array of potential damsels. It's Nintendo, but not among the series you usually draw.
If not, to keep in theme with Nintendo characters which you seem to favour, there are maybe two ideas. Technically, these aren't 'pure doppleganger' scenarios. The first one is based on a dated meme, but when Rosalina was announced for Smash and not Daisy, there were a ton of jokes centered around Daisy trying to take Rosalina's place, but at my knowledge there was never a picture showing a full scene (I remember a comic where Daisy steals her dress and shows up with a bad wig, but the aftermath wasn't shown.)
Or, with the Pokémon series, there is this scene in the Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire remakes during which the character of Zinnia is revealed to have taken the appearance and uniform of a Team Magma / Team Aqua grunt. Technically not a doppleganger, but due to how game models work, I think she had the exact appearance of the grunt while undercover. The game never explains how she got the uniform, but I like to think that she acquired it after trying up and gagging a real grunt. I don't remember a scene depicting this interpretation however.

Hope this helps!
RedDumpster

Post by RedDumpster »

rufusluciusivan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:54 am Hello! I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to concur with esercito sconfitto and trackman to welcome you on this board, and to thank you for taking the time to write here.

Ironically, while I'm all in for more doppleganger or uniform stealing scenarios from you, I'd have a hard time proposing a precise one... (There are so many possibilities!)
I remember that there are for some reason a lot of doppleganger-fanarts centered around Fire Emblem characters, so I don't know if this particular game series would inspire you, but it would open the way to a wide array of potential damsels. It's Nintendo, but not among the series you usually draw.
If not, to keep in theme with Nintendo characters which you seem to favour, there are maybe two ideas. Technically, these aren't 'pure doppleganger' scenarios. The first one is based on a dated meme, but when Rosalina was announced for Smash and not Daisy, there were a ton of jokes centered around Daisy trying to take Rosalina's place, but at my knowledge there was never a picture showing a full scene (I remember a comic where Daisy steals her dress and shows up with a bad wig, but the aftermath wasn't shown.)
Or, with the Pokémon series, there is this scene in the Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire remakes during which the character of Zinnia is revealed to have taken the appearance and uniform of a Team Magma / Team Aqua grunt. Technically not a doppleganger, but due to how game models work, I think she had the exact appearance of the grunt while undercover. The game never explains how she got the uniform, but I like to think that she acquired it after trying up and gagging a real grunt. I don't remember a scene depicting this interpretation however.

Hope this helps!
Thank You for the reply! It's great to see folks who recognize me because of this niche we all love
I did consider doing a few Fire Emblem/ FE Crossover ideas, but usually they get bumped to the backburner because I don't dig into the series outside of the TWO fanservice gals (Camilla and Tharja) or the Smash gals. Really, I'm just waiting for a fan to sell me on an idea with the series.

As for the Rosalina/Daisy idea, I actually began a bit of an idea with them, though I think I have yet to upload that to the site and is still up on Twitter.

For Zinnia and the grunts, I absolutely forgot about her borrowing an Uniform to sneak in; you can bet that is going on the list. Issue is now seeing which team is losing a team member 😄

Overall, I thank you for the reply, I'm hoping to get a few ideas from here so I can give the folks here more of what they enjoy.
Personally, while focusing on videogames is my default, I am not one of being afraid of other mediums...as long as I'm given refs due to how vague some folks get.

Either way, thank you for the feedback!
rufusluciusivan

You're welcome! I'm glad I could be of help. Maybe I can come up with other ideas... (I am a fan of the recent Fire Emblem games. Honestly, I find Camilla and Tharja WAY overrated, with all due respect to the people who like them.)
For a doppleganger angle (with a plot justification), I'd suggest checking Fire Emblem Three Houses. There's this character of Kronya (https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Kronya), who is absolutely loathsome and repulsive in terms of personality (and has a design that I hate), but who also has the power to cast an illusion to change her physical appearance (a bit like Himiko Toga in My Hero Academia). It's even a plot point that she infiltrates the school by posing as a student (sadly in a kill and replace scenario, but that can easily be changed ;) ). Plus, the damsels of this game wear (during the first half of the game) the same 'military school' uniform that is NOT so fanservicy that it's hard to take seriously. Honestly, I'd suggest checking the tv tropes page if you one day have the time. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... hreeHouses

A few samples, so to speak:

Marianne

Ingrid:

Hilda:

I didn't realize you also had a Twitter account, but if there are pictures of our niche, it'd indeed be interesting to feature them on this Board.
For Zinnia and the grunts, I absolutely forgot about her borrowing an Uniform to sneak in; you can bet that is going on the list. Issue is now seeing which team is losing a team member 😄
I'm going to be greedy, if you allow me to be, and I'll propose to have one picture for each team. :lol:
RedDumpster

Post by RedDumpster »

Thanks for the suggestions, though I'll have to be careful with the girls from Three Houses due the fact that many, if it ain't the time skip designs, I might be treading into thin ice with age issues. I don't want to get folks riled up with that again, if you understand

The Twitter account actually is where I post new works first, but currently I don't think I've missed posting any clothing theft themed works since the last ones in...May, if I recall correctly. I may be wrong, my memory isn't the best

As for Zinnia and the grunts, screw it, I'm sold
Only because this means I can do two seperate poses for both
rufusluciusivan

I see what you mean. Their pre-time-skip designs can be so misleading about their age, that I forgot about this important thing. I thought most of them were 18. I mean, this young woman...

... is supposed to be 15.

A shot in the dark. Sorry. Most of them are officially 17 according to TV Tropes. Well, it was only an idea! Too bad (in my humble opinion) that their post-time-skip designs almost always look worst than their pre-time-skip ones'! Though if Fire Emblem really interests you, I may try to think of something else. If not, well I'm sure that you'll find other sources of inspiration...

As for Twitter, I took a look to a few posts, and I think I found one image, so if it doesn't bother you, I'll post a link.
As for Zinnia and the grunts, screw it, I'm sold
Ha! Ha! Glad I could be a source of inspiration. ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”